Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 01-12-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Market screening for new sources of CAPEX purchases
- Preparing request for proposal documents (including functional specifications) and contracts in collaboration with the procurement manager
- Revision of offers from commercial and technical side
- Preparation of offer comparisons
- Handling negotiations
- Cooperation with internal stakeholders in the project stages of planning and execution
- Building and maintaining a good relationship with new and existing suppliers
- Administration of purchases in SAP / SRM systems
- Following the purchase process from requisition to pay
Who we are looking for
- A relevant Master / Engineering degree
- Relevant purchase/procurement work experience in multinational companies of minimum 3 years
- Fluent in both oral and written Polish and English language
- Good knowledge of office software, experience with SAP and SRM
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Team player
- Analytical thinking and problem solving ability
- Planning and organizing skills
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Since this is a greenfield project, we are looking for specialist candidates to get our site started.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?