Senior Project Manager - Engineering
Poland - Nysa
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Engineering & Technology
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Powering the cars of the future. Giving new life to used metals. We are the leading circular materials technology company fulfilling its mission to create materials for a better life. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
Our RBM Poland facility is currently looking for a Senior Engineering Project Manager, based in Nysa, Poland. Integrating the project team, you are responsible to manage and lead the team responsible for the technical design and construction of the expansion of our new facilities and to liaise with EPCm companies, equipment manufacturers and contractors to successfully implement new assets and facilities until commissioning and/or handover, in line with the expectations of the stakeholders.
- Project Management: Lead and manage cross-functional teams to execute engineering projects effectively, ensuring they are delivered on time, in scope, within budget, and in alignment of the process and technological development
- Project Planning: Develop comprehensive project plans, including scope, objectives, timelines, resource allocation, and risk assessments.
- Support the procurement phase of specific components and works, screening from bids to good reception confirmation in support of the project management.
- Work with other Engineering teams, integrating the work with other specialties into the final project solution, assuring user deadlines are met and without unexpected delays in production.
- Perform or support commissioning of the equipment before handing over to the Process team, support process team during the internal qualification
- Supervise the construction, installation and commissioning of assigned projects
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, including, operations, ,process technology and HSE teams, as well as external partners, to ensure project success.
- Resource Management: Allocate and manage project resources effectively (internal and external – vendors, contractors), ensuring that team members have the support and tools necessary to accomplish project goals.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Identify potential risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Safety Compliance: Maintain a strong commitment to safety and environmental standards, ensuring that all projects adhere to relevant regulations.
- Cost Control: Monitor project budgets and take necessary actions to control costs and optimize resources.
- Reporting and Documentation: Create regular progress reports, project documentation, and presentations to inform stakeholders and management.
- Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement initiatives within the engineering department to enhance efficiency and productivity.
Who we are looking for
- 10+ years of experience in the execution, managing and understanding of industrial projects in operational environments
- University degree, or equivalent qualification, in Engineering, preferably in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Instrumentation/Automation
- Technical experience and/or background in the execution of engineering projects
- Knowledge of design software (e.g. AutoCad) and MS Office package
- Knowledge of EHS standards, industry good practices and legal requirements applicable to engineering projects
- Fluency in English (written and verbal)
- Highly skilled in organization, planning and project management
- Problem solving, team worker with positive attitude and commitment
- Ability to work autonomously and with minimal supervision while supporting and coaching team members and colleagues to form a collaborative team environment
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
IF OUR BATTERY MATERIALS CAN POWER ELECTRIC VEHICLES, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?Złóż aplikację