Poland, Nowa Ruda
Process & Product Development
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Automotive Catalysts
We all have the right to breathe clean air, and at Umicore, we are a world leader in the production of automotive emission control catalysts. Our technologies enable on-road and non-road applications to meet environmental standards around the world. Our products have prevented billions of tons of harmful gases and particles being released into the atmosphere. To enable our customers to produce even cleaner engines we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
The principle focus of the Process Engineer will be:
- Lead new product and/or technology introduction following ACPP global procedure;
- Lead operational excellence project (plant output/cost of waste improvement process);
- Lead development and introduction of new equipment/new manufacturing process;
- Support Production (including On Call);
- Maintain perfect Health/Safety/Environment (HSE) performance within the department.
Who we are looking for
- University degree (pref. engineering);
- 3+ years related experience in engineering;
- Strong knowledge of chemical production processes, industrial practices, quality systems and statistical process control along with a solid background in chemistry and chemical engineering
- Knowledge of Automotive Quality systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9001) and tools like PPAP, FMEA, SPC and related software applications will be an asset;
- Good office computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools;
- Very good English skills.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Umicore Autocat Poland Sp. z o.o.
ul. Słupiecka 31
57-402 Nowa Ruda/ PL
If my expertise can help reduce harmfuI vehicle emissions, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO