RBM Poland - Project Engineer
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Posted on 28-11-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About [BU or departament]
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Working in the engineering project team to support the Project Manager and EPCM during the design engineering phase including technical engineering and when needed also the screening of potential contractors
- During the construction phase, taking care of monitoring and controlling the onsite work progress, scheduling, quality and cost to ensure the project running smoothly
- Timely reporting of the project status at different stages
- Managing vendors & contractors onsite, analyze the potential risk and recommend to mitigate the problems from construction (EHS, manpower, logistics etc.)
- Cross working with people from functional deptartments to support technical data and release needed resources onsite, to ensure the installation of new assembly workshop in a timely manner
- Cold commissioning of the equipment and cooperation with the process team
- Engineering and technical support to projects when needed
Who we are looking for
Education: B. Sc. or preferably M. Sc. in Engineering
- Technical knowledge and/or background in order to interpret the technical documents (chemical and mechanical).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering project environment, preferably in the chemical or ceramic powder industry (field experience is a plus)
- Fluent in oral and written Polish and (technical) English language
- Knowledge of Engineering design products (e.g. Autocad) and project scheduling methods (e.g. PERT, Gantt, MS project)
- Experience with project and/or process safety management systems is a plus.
Managerial and Interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude and commitment to work
- Can work independently
- Committed to results
- Ability to work in a matrix structure
- Good communication
- Fast learner
- Hands-on mentality
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
[additional information such as site location, benefits, contact person]
NOTE: this field must me removed if not used
IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO