Laboratory Analytical Alignment Engineer
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Engineering, Research & Development
Posted on 10-08-2022
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
As a member of the Global Analytical Excellence team, you will support the execution of analytical Method Transfer and Cross Check projects:
- Set up the project planning and organize the projects’ kick-off,
- Coordinate and follow-up the progress and deliverables of the projects with relevant trams and departments,
- Maintain clear and up-to-date planning, meeting minutes and reports
You will also be responsible in maintaining the regular updates of the management file of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), used by the different site-laboratories.
Who we are looking for
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or related field
- Have broad knowledge of analytical equipment and experience in analytical laboratory
- Work experience in planning and execution of alignment projects is added advantage
- Logical problem solving skill, with analytical mindset
- Good presentation and reporting skills
- Able to communicate in English and Polish on at least communicative level
- Being organized, persistent, independent, responsible and result-driven
- Able to work conscientiously in team, with open-minded attitudes towards new approaches and constructive discussion
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our teams can improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?